Marrone del Montefeltro is a type of chestnut that is native to the Montefeltro area in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. This particular variety of chestnut is highly regarded for its quality and taste. It can be found in various towns and communes in Emilia-Romagna, including Montefeltro, Pennabilli, and Sant’Agata Feltria.
If you are looking to purchase Marrone del Montefeltro, you can find it in local stores and shops in these towns. Some recommended places to buy this chestnut variety include La Bottega del Marrone in Montefeltro and Il Castagneto in Sant’Agata Feltria.
Marrone del Montefeltro is recognized with the PAT (Traditional Agri-Food Product) recognition, which highlights its traditional production methods and cultural significance. The specifications of this recognition include:
– The chestnuts must come from the Montefeltro area in Emilia-Romagna.
– The chestnuts must be harvested and processed using traditional methods.
– The chestnuts must meet specific quality standards in terms of size, taste, and appearance.
One popular recipe that features Marrone del Montefeltro is Castagnaccio, a traditional chestnut cake. To make this dish, you will need Marrone del Montefeltro chestnuts, chestnut flour, olive oil, rosemary, pine nuts, and raisins. Another delicious recipe is Marron Glacé, which involves candying the chestnuts in sugar syrup.
– “Marrone del Montefeltro” – www.emiliaromagnaturismo.it
– “Marrone del Montefeltro” – www.prodottitipici.com